Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day One: Keys

Well, today makes it all official - we get the keys to The Main Street House. What this means for us is that The Husband has a full weekend of yard work and ripping out carpet. I have to work this weekend so, thankfully, I will not be involved. We are fortunate to have a great support system around us so I think The Girls will be spending some time with The Mother-in-Law while The Father-in-Law helps with some major weed-whacking!

I am hoping that we have a chance to go over today so that I can get "before" pictures of the entire house.

Here is just a taste of what we plan to do in the next month:

1) Major Cleaning!!!
2) Remove all carpeting
3) Remove all weeds from the yard
4) Throw out all trash left from previous owner
5) Repaint all trim
6) Repair and paint all walls
7) DEMO - ugly mantle, weird cornice boards, upper molding
8) Get all air ducts cleaned
9) Refinish floors
10) Clean out shed

No comments:

Post a Comment