Well, The Boys were hard at work this weekend getting the crown molding up downstairs. I did not think that this was an item I would have to take a "before" picture of so you will just have to enjoy the "after" pictures today.
The original trim around the ceiling was a very cheap - yellowish looking wood type of material. Upon ripping it down, we found that there was about a one inch gap between where the walls and the ceiling were supposed to meet.
So, with our tall ceilings, crown-molding was the answer. I think it looks great and a huge thanks to The Perch for coming down with all of his carpentry knowledge and his air compressor. The Husband unsupervised with a nail gun made me a bit nervous, but I go over it:)