Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 119: Smoke Alarm

We still are not online (thank goodness for smartphones) so I don't have any pictures yet but I did want to share with you a short story.

Last night was the first night that we FINALLY got to sit down to dinner in The House. Hot Italian Sausage with Spaghetti Squash and Fresh Baked Bread - Yummy! So here I am cooking the sausage and what happens? I set off the smoke detectors (recently installed by The Husband). I quickly turned on the fan and cracked a window but, come on, seriously????

I guess the combination of a gas stove, a well seasoned iron skillet and a little kitchen can be deadly! For the record, there was no fire and there really wasn't even any smoke but I guess that an extra sensitive smoke detector isn't the worst thing in the world;)

No comments:

Post a Comment