Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 144: Snow

Yesterday evening was a very magical evening for me, although The Weather Man would end up calling in a winter storm, to me it was just a peaceful snowfall.

One that caused us to curl up on the couch at 4:30, turn off all the lights and watch Meet The Robinsons movie theater style. With all of us cuddled under blankets, even The Youngest Daughter sat through the entire movie.

We followed up Sunday Night Movie Night (usually know as Friday Night Movie Night) with a belly warming dinner of meatloaf and cheesy potatoes. And when all was cleaned up, The Husband took The Girls upstairs to get ready for bed while I took The Dog out for our nightly walk.

This is where I was taken by an overwhelming sense of calm. Our footprints were the first footprints in the freshly fallen snow and besides the one snowplow that shot salt at us - it felt like I was the only person in the world. Could be a scary thought if that was true but since I knew that there were a lot more people in the world and they were just snuggled up inside there homes, I was okay with the "only person in the world" thing.



But then I went inside and was greeted by two little girls -out went the peaceful calm feeling, but that is okay because I was starting to get a little lonely out there:)
Hope you area all staying warm in this snowy weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment