Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I See the Light

So today has been a big day for me and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I shipped The Girls off to a Summer Rec Program this morning and it was amazing how much I actually got accomplished. Most importantly, there is now paint on the walls of the Master Bedroom. After priming, two coats of trim paint, taping and cutting in the walls yesterday I finally got to break out the roller and get those chalky white walls covered. It is amazing how the thing that makes the biggest impact is that which takes the least amount of time.

There is still a lot to be done but I am feeling much better about everything mainly because the rest of the jobs belong to The Husband. He still needs to paint the ceiling and then put everything else back together. Small things like rehanging picture, putting the outlet covers back one, etc.

In addition to the paint; the laundry is folded, there are clean sheets on all the beds, and there are NO dirty dishes in the sink. ALL OF THIS AND ITS ONLY LUNCHTIME!!!!

Now, we are headed to to pool to see if we can do something about this 108 degree heat index.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished product! I bet it's going to be completely worth all the work! :o) I am contractor-free today and I'm a little unsure of what to do with myself. :o) I think we have about 2 1/2 more weeks until our kitchen and family room are done!

    ReplyDelete