Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Decorating for Fall

So, today it is warm and sunny but in the few days leading up to today it has been a bit overcast, rainy, and cool.  Perfect weather to inspire some Fall redecoration.  Now I don't want you to get too excited because all this really means is that I moved some home accessories around in two key display places in our home.

The first area I tackled was our hutch/buffet or whatever you want to call the cabinet in our Dining Room.  This is the first thing you see when you walk into our house so it is fun to mix it up a little.


Here is the BEFORE picture all decorated for Summer:

Here is the AFTER picture all decorated for Fall.

And now we are moving onto the wall of double built-in shelves in our Front Room.  These are kind of fun to redecorate and (to let my little secret out) the change of the seasons-hence the change of the decorations are the only 4 times a year that theses shelves get a really good dusting:)

Again, here is the BEFORE picture all decorated for Summer:

And the AFTER picture decorated for Fall:

As you can see, not everything gets taken down and somethings just get moved around but it was still fun to do.

I would like to direct your eye to the lower left hand corner of the picture below where you will see the new yarn wreath that I whipped together.  Okay, maybe not whipped, more like obsessed over and neglected my children because of.  This wreath was easy to make but took FOREVER to wrap.  Am I admitting to being out of shape if I tell you my left shoulder muscle is sore from all the wrapping:)

There is a great tutorial over at The Lettered Cottage that I followed almost exactly.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to use for the embellishments until I came across another great tutorial over at Pepper Design Blog where she explains how to make these great accordion paper flowers.

Are you doing anything fun to get your house ready for cooler weather???
The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment