Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dresser Transformation

Now that we are expecting another addition to our family, that means we need to find a new storage solution.  You see, our home does not have a linen closet so we have been keeping all of our clean towels and sheets in a dresser in the "Library".  In just a few short months that "Library" is going to become a nursery and the dresser is going to have to hold baby clothes instead of all of our extra linens.

Enter another project here at Main Street House.  I have always wanted to try my hand at painting furniture and I thought that this might be the best time to try it.  On one of our "date nights" The Husband and I decided to stop off at a second hand store to see what they had in inventory.  I had tried Craigslist but the sellers were not being very cooperative so it was a second-hand store to the rescue.

That is where we found this beauty!!  It had been put out on the showroom floor just the day before and was exactly what we were looking for.  It needed a lot of work (the top was pretty damaged) but it was the exact size we were looking for.

We took it home, gave it a good cleaning, painted the hardware black and added some gray/blue paint to it and it is PERFECT!



I am so happy with how it came out and how perfect it fits in our upstairs hallway.  It is also the perfect place to display all of our family photos.

Here is another view of it in its final resting place.  I have a great picture I want to hang on the wall behind it but I still need to get it framed.

Linking up with

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a similar dresser myself to paint gray. Great job on the transformation it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete