Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Bats are Gone!

I know it seems like we have been trying to get rid of these bats forever but, really, I just haven't posted about them in a while and we got rid of them about a month ago.  I have to say that I feel much better now knowing that they are gone.

There are two things that I learned in this process.

1) After hearing stories from our Animal Control experts about some of the jobs they have done, I do not feel so grossed out by our 30-40 bats.  One house they worked in had over 300 bats in the attic and the bat droppings were knee deep.

2)  Bats are crafty little critters and are not so easy to get rid of.  We had to have the Animal Control experts out three different times because the bats found new ways to get in and out of our attic.

Speaking of Animal Control experts - while I am glad we decided not to DIY this project, I feel like our "experts" may have oversold the services they provide.  Don't get me wrong, we are very happy with the service but are just not sure that their website should advertise using the most advance technology available.

You see, to seal up our home they used a bit of caulk.  White caulk at that and if any of you have seem the outside of our home, you know that all of our trim work is brown.  They also used a piece of chicken wire and some tape to create the exit for the bats.  And when it came time to clean up the toxic bat dropping from our attic.......they used a broom and a dust pan.  Not to be overshadowed by the reusable spray bottle filled with a bleach solution to kill the fungus spores.  Yes, my friends, THAT is the most advance technology available in bat removal.

But, then again, I should not complain because I did not have to do it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment