Monday, June 19, 2017

A Smaller Project

Sometimes when I leave town with all the kids, great things happen!  It was Spring Break so the kids and I left town for warmer weather and, while we were gone, Matt punched a huge hole in our bedroom wall.


Now, please don't be distracted by the freshly showered, ready for bedtime, just had to be in the picture ADORABLE four year old!  If you take a look behind him, you will see the shell of what will soon be my very own closet!  Up until this point, Matt and I were sharing a 2 x 4 space and it was not working out for us.

One thing we have learned by renovating this house is that Matt never short cuts anything.  I mean, look at this closet!  It is a bomb shelter!  Nothing is getting through that thing.

Once finished, I could not have asked for anything better.  I am all moved in and really enjoying the extra space.  I think Matt is enjoying having the small closet all to himself too!

Here are some before and after pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Our Hallway is super wide so we decided to break through the wall that has a trunk on it and bump it out into the hall.


And here is it all finished and looking beautiful!

Seriously, look at all that square footage!  I love that blue dresser (We got it at Salvation Army for $25) but, sadly we no longer had room for it in the hall so it now resides in my basement.



The closet in this picture still needs a bit of love but it is a great shot to show you how we utilized that hall space.
And here is the finished product!  Matt worked so hard to save the molding when he took down the original wall and I am so happy he did.  I think having that molding to reuse really helps to make it look like the closet is supposed to be there.

1 comment: