Friday, July 23, 2010

Day Three: Internet

So in an effort to cut down on costs (I mean we do currently have two houses and are prepping for some major renovations) we decided to turn off our cable. After doing some research we learned that by purchasing a $30 antenna, we could get most of the channels we watch and save around $100 a month. I do miss my DVR terribly, but I think I will get over it.

Anyways, back to my story....so we decided to turn off our cable and gave Time Warner a call yesterday to let them know. No problem there, they just ask that we drop our cable box off at the store and we will be all set. Right? No! They turned off our Internet too!!! The worst part is that the first available appointment to come out to the house and turn it back on is 5 weeks away.

Needless to say that AT&T will now be our Internet provider and they are coming out on Monday to set us all up. The happy discovery in all of this is that AT&T is also our cell phone provider so we are saving $10 a month now because we bundled.

PS - I am currently "stealing" my neighbors wireless:)

No comments:

Post a Comment