Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 114: The Dishes

Two days ago we used our last Cascade All-in-One Action Pack (love) and since we are moving to a house without a dishwasher, there was no reason to buy more. So, today I had to do the dishes by hand which allowed me some time to think and reflect on The Move.

Just a few nights ago I was talking to The Husband and explaining to him how I thought I would be a little more emotional about The Move. I mean this is the first home that the two of us bought together. We brought both of The Girls home from the hospital to This House, I mean we have had a lot of great moments in this house. Remember the killer raccoon!!!!

Well, today while I was doing the dishes I did get a little sad. As much as I am excited to move on to our next adventure there is something to say about reflecting on the past. So, as I am scrubbing away I started to think of all the things I will miss about This House and here is the list I came up with:

Fenced in Back Yard
Garage
Dishwasher
Bath Tub
Our Neighbors

But then I thought about all of the things I was excited for at The New/Old House and her is how the list went

Great Front Porch
French Doors
Hardwood Floors
Basement
Lots-o-windows
Christmas Festival
K & W (Ice cream within walking distance)
Great Neighbors
And the list went on....and on.....and on........

Needless to say, I will miss This House but am so excited to see where The New/Old House will take us:)

So now, I will go upstairs and unplug my wireless router. The next time you hear from me I will be sitting in my leather chair at The New/Old House.

No comments:

Post a Comment