First I would like to apologize for not posting yesterday but we were out enjoying the sunshine - something that we have not seen a whole lot of around here.
So, here's what I want to know....how do you celebrate Earth Day? I don't do much special for the actual day but I do try to treat every day as Earth Day. Leading to my second question...what do you do in your day-to-day life to stay eco-friendly?
Me, I have to say that I follow the standard generic procedure staying eco-friendly.
1) We recycle & compost
2) We use eco-friendly cleaning products and soaps
3) We keep the heat at 68 in the winter and air at 72 in the summer, and the window open as much as possible
4) Every one in our house takes showers and we try to conserve as much water as possible
5) We use CFL light bulbs throughout the house
6) We use recycled paper products, including paper towels and toilet paper (although The Husband would rather not use recycled tp)
7) Since moving into this house I have tried to use as much second hand and upcycled materials as possible
And here comes the confession of things I do that I KNOW are not good for the environment
1) I drive a large SUV and I drive A LOT. I average at least one gas fill-up a week
2) I do not use eco-friendly beauty products, shampoos, etc. I have tried and just haven't found ones that work.
3) I don't buy organic as much as I should. I do buy organic milk but everything else is dependent on price. It is hard enough as it is to keep my grocery budget in check?
4) We do not unplug all of our electronics when we leave for vacation - out of pure laziness.
Whew - thanks for letting me get that off my chest:)