Wednesday, September 28, 2011

In the Works

After a very busy summer, it may seem to all of you that we have had a pretty chill September - and you would be right.  With both girls starting school and with the time we spent away from home June-August, we decided to just take it easy this month and it has been great! 

As great as it has been, I think we are all ready to get back into the swing of things.  So.....have no fear, there are all sorts of projects in the works here at Main Street House.

1)  Finally, we are going to get started on our Fireplace Makeover.  It is really kind of funny because, as you can see from some of our pictures, our television sits right next to our fireplace and last night were were watching T.V - okay so I was watching T.V and do you know what The Husband was doing????  Just staring at the fireplace dreaming up what he is going to build to make it all better:)  Can't wait to see how it turns out.

2)  We are taking a short drive this weekend to pick-up two dressers I found on Craigslist to put in the upstairs hallway.  In hopes that we will have a little more storage up there.  The dressers are not pretty but they are cheap and I am really excited to see what we can to to fix them up.  I love the look of painted furniture right now but can't bring myself to paint anything we already have so I am looking forward to trying my hand on these babies.

3)  So this will eventually be the biggest and the best house project we have done yet but I am going to be a little secretive about it for a while.  You see, there is a room in this house that I have not shared with any of you out in blog land but that is all about to change here in the next couple of months.  Stay tuned;)

No comments:

Post a Comment