After dropping quite hints at The Husband all weekend that I wanted to switch the door handles that were on the bathroom door and the basement door, I finally sucked it up and did not myself.
Now I understand why The Husband did not want to do this. This task involved four different kinds of screws, three different kinds of screw drivers, a pair of pliers, spray paint, and a sharpie marker. It also took a total of 1 1/2 hours. Don't ask why it took so long and why it involved so many different supplies - I am sure that part of it is because I am a girl but the other part is because NOTHING is easy in this house.
However, it needed to be done because it did not make sense to have the white door knob on the wood door and the wood door knob on the white door.
As you may be able to see from the picture, the hardware is not the same and because I did not want to screw new holes in doors I did not change the hardware - just the door knobs, also very different.
Needless to say that there was a lot of jimmy-rigging involved in this project but, in the end....
The basement door look great (and that was the one that was bothering me) while the bathroom door just looks okay.
On a side note, the inside of the bathroom door has not yet been painted so when you look at that picture and think to yourself "wow, they are really dirty" that may be true, but the dirt in the picture is old house dirt not two young kids dirt.