Next, I gathered up my supplies. My trusty glue-gun and the table runner:
And I set off gluing. This was a kind of fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants thing and I wasn't quite sure how I was going to account for the curvature of the shade. So, the first step was to glue around the bottom edge of the shade.
When that was finished, I started gluing the top rim and realized that I could do a loose pleat to account for the difference in size between the top and bottom.
I wasn't a fan of the black base so I switched it out with the glass lamps we had up and our bedroom. Here is the finished product! I am really happy with the way it turned out, I still I have finished off the edges but I will save that for another day.