Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Finds: vtech

I'm baaaaack.......I know you have missed me so, but our Internet was on the fritz and I am not yet patient enough to blog from my phone:)

Okay, so for today's Friday Finds I am going to share with you one of the coolest things ever, but first you need a bit of a back story (don't worry it is short).

So way back a whole nine months ago when we decided to make The Move we knew that we needed to cut some corners (can you say two house payments) so the first two things we did was to cancel our cable and our home phone. Quick note on the cable part - do you know how many channels you can get with an antenna? Tons!!!

Okay, so back to the phone part. Both The Husband and I have Cell Phones and the only persons who called us on our house phone were telemarketers so cancelling our home phone was not that big of a deal. We did need to teach The Girls my cell phone number but that was no biggie.

So then we made the move to The House, we did decide to get cable but never saw any real reason to set up a home phone line. The only problem was that I never heard my cell phone ring - so whenever somebody called they usually got my voicemail.

Enter the coolest birthday present ever!!!!! These phones are made to sync up with a cell phone's bluetooth. All I had to do was set it up to sync with my phone and now anytime I walk into our house, if anybody calls my cellphone all of our "house phones" will ring. I also added all of my contacts to the phone so I can call out from that phone without having to look up any phone number (because, really, who memorizes phone number these days).

So, if you are a cell phone only house, I would highly recommend looking into these. I had no idea how cool they were until I actually started using them!

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could be a cell phone only household, but our security system monitoring requires us to have a landline. Boooo. These are cool phones though!

    ReplyDelete