Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

This week will be dedicated to getting The House ready for Christmas.  We will end on Friday when I join up with Hooked on Houses "Hooked on the Holidays" Show us How You Decorate Linky Party!

What I can tell you is that the house is decorated and I am so happy with it.  So much better than last year when we had only lived in the house for three weeks and were still trying to arrange furniture as well as decorate for Christmas.  Hopefully all of this rain will let up so that I can get some nice natural light for my house photos.  As most of you know, I am not the best photographer so any help I can get is well worth it.

Okay, so here how decorating begins in our house.  First, I put The Husband to work bringing up all of the bins from the basement (there are 11 total).

Then it is time to break out the Christmas Song Playlist.

Guess who's getting a new iphone for Christmas?  And maybe a heavy duty cast to protect it from all of it's falls

This year I also had a handy-helper.  The plan was to wait until she went to school (not dressed like that) but we were so excited we decided to start early.  Boy am I happy I did because it ended up taking me most of the day.

Finally, it it time to start unpacking all of those Christmas Decorations.  Here is where I always run into a big of trouble because I can manage to cram all of our decoration onto the table but then I never think about all of the "everyday" decoration that I have to take down to make room for the Christmas decorations.  This year they all went onto the couch before packing them away in the basement.


By 5:00pm all Christmas Decorations were in place and all Everyday Decorations were packed away in boxes - just in time for The Husband to take the 11 tubs back down to the basement.  Well, actually it was only 9 tubs because the other two were filled with tree decorations which will be discussed tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment